"Your circumstances may not change, but you can change in the midst of your circumstances if you will learn to PTP — practice the presence." Today's Revive Our Hearts radio program by Nancy Leigh Demoss gave this simple yet profound encouragement. What does it mean? Here is a portion of today's transcript that really heped me...
"What presence? The presence of Christ. He is there. If you’re a child of God, He is in you. He is moving through you. He is around you. You are in Him. God’s desire for your life is that you would walk this day, regardless of your circumstances, in the fullness and the joy of the presence of Christ. But you've got to be willing to say the number one priority in my life, in my day, in this moment, my number one priority is my relationship with Christ. To know Him, to walk with Him, to love Him, to seek Him, to respond to Him. Even as I’m doing all the other things that I need to be doing in my day, it’s always under the umbrella, the covering, of that number one commitment."
That's quite a challenge in this day and age... In fulfillment of my single determintation to better understand who God is and what it means that I am His child in every day life, this portion of the program today was so helpful! If you are interested in hearing or reading the entire transcript of "An Inward Work of God", please go to http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=9769. May God show you His grace through His word in each moment of your day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much for your encouraging words! It's good to be reminded of that - especially by a married woman. I have been trying to truly realize that God is all that I need and that I don't need any other relationship to "complete" my life. Sometimes it's hard to really truly KNOW that, though. Of course I believe it, but to KNOW it and apply it to my heart and life is hard. I am working on it, though. And again, thank you for your encouragement.
You are so right! I have been making that a prayer throughout my day lately and it has been helping me so much... even just with my perspective. Thanks again for all of your encouragement.
Post a Comment