Here are the thought provoking statements and questions that confronted me when I opened my daily e-mail from ROH:
1) The grid through which we view the world around us has to be the Word of God.
2) The greatest treasure we have been given isn't a financial one but rather the legacy of faith that we pass down to our children.
3) Our children are our ministry. What are we doing with this ministry that we have right now?
Some pretty powerful stuff. Janet Parshall and Nancy Leigh DeMoss spent time discussing the impact our lives have on our children.
The greatest treasure I had been given wasn’t a financial one, but rather the legacy of faith that I was able to pass down to my children.
Oh, that I would take this seriously and instruct my children in understanding what faith in Jesus Christ is and what it means that the gospel is the central mission of my life!
We were investing in these little ones. I didn’t want to miss the first word, the first step. I didn’t want to miss the opportunity to help mold and shape their hearts and their minds.
How often am I selfishly looking at my own interests and desires rather than purposely making opportunities to impact my children's heart for Christ in everyday life by my example?
These are treasures. These are irreplaceable treasures. I’m giving you a privilege, to take care of these minds, these hearts, to raise them in My nurture and My admonition, and to teach them My ways.
For all you know, you’re in a classroom right now, and God is preparing you for another season, another calling; what’s happening in your life right now is preparatory for where that next stage is going to take you.
So I say that again to women who are in that spot right now going, “Ugh. This is rote. It’s routine. There’s nothing that’s coming out of this.” I don’t know if we can begin to understand the profundity of what it means to be able to pass that on.
The word that came to my mind was intentionality. This intentionality of saying, “I want to make sure that, above all else, you know Him and you walk with Him.” C. S. Lewis said exactly the opposite. He said, “ The will must precede the emotions."
The goal is what you just said, that we’re transmitting the gospel of Jesus Christ to the next generation.
What are you doing with the ministry you have now? Don’t just be preparing for ‘the ministry’ in the future. What are you doing with the ministry that you have now? There is no greater ministry.
So that is our greatest challenge! Let's purpose to live today, by God's grace and strength, in a manner that glorifies and pleases Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment