(the following is written by a GUY... and it is rather simple to understand yet eye-opening)
Perhaps it is fashionable or a sign of pride; possibly, it is an insecure call for attention; or maybe for them it is just a matter of comfort. Whichever the case, seeing girls wearing immodest clothing causes me to see more of them than I needed to and also robs me of a palpable amount of respect for them. It's not that I don't fancy the prepossesing physical features of my age mates, but being subjected to the sight of them takes something from me now that I will never regain.
Because someday, I will have a wonderful wife. I will share and enjoy life with her in ways that I will never share with another human. My wife will be the first (and only) person that I ever come to know as deeply, and the more aspects of a relationship that we can say that we have shared with no one else, the more meaningful our relationship will be.
For instance, I'm saving my first kiss for marriage. When I tell my wife that I love her more than anyone, and I kiss her to prove it, she'll know that I haven't kissed anyone else but her. That kiss will mean so much more than if she was just one of a collection of girls that I've kissed. She'll always know that I can never compare her kiss to the affection of another girl.
An antidiluvian anecdote depicts a married couple in bed on the night of their 75th anniversary. At 100 years old, the wife leans over in bed and slaps the man across his face, exclaiming: "That was for 75 years of terrible sex." After a moment's thought, the man slapped her back. "And that was for knowing the difference," he replied.
My contentedness with my wife should not be tainted by a comparison to someone else I've met, so I do my best to preserve myself for her in as many ways as possible. But sadly, being at college (or even at the grocery store) exposes me to far too many midriffs and cleavages - images that are very hard to forget.
I suspect that girls do dress so lightly and tightly in part to appear more attractive to guys. In reality, the knowledge that a girl is striving for male attention just conveys to guys that the girl is "easy" and not worth respect or pursuit. (And guys that are looking for easy girls usually aren't interested in a commited relationship.) Immodesty generates lose-lose situations.
So, to you modest, well dressed girls that abstain from flaunting your bodies in revealing clothing, I applaud you. You have my respect and my gratitude, and I find you far more attractive than your less well covered peers.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment