Wednesday, November 28, 2007
"The Christian Life is Future-Oriented"
The "title" to this posting is something that I read in my devotions this morning that made me stop and think... How can I live my life today so that it is "future-oriented"? In other words, how is what I am doing RIGHT NOW showing my faith in the Lord and the hope that I have in what He has secured for me in Heaven? How will my actions toward my children today show this same priority? How will my thoughts toward my husband show this? How will my "priorities" today show my "future-oriented" life? Not just what I say, but what I do speaks volumes about my heart-orientation. Some Scriptures that captured my meditation this morning are Proverbs 3:17-18 and II Timothy 4:6-10. Here is something else that I read that, by God's grace and strength, I will apply TODAY, "Our secure hope in what God is going ot do one day must show itself in our [MY] conduct, priorities, relationships and vocations." This might seem "generic" in a sense, but it is rather specific when we consider our hearts attitudes which show in our actions by what we are doing RIGHT NOW! Am I worrying... or trusting in my thoughts this moment? Am I being frustrated... or patient with my family right now? It is in these "little" actions and attitudes that show my heart orientation... Is my Christian life showing a "Future-Oriented" (the hope of the gospel of Christ in salvation) life or am I so focused on the present that I'm making wrong choices in my attitudes and actions. We do have a choice - God's way or my own selfish way? Which will it be? A saying I once learned goes, "Just two choices on the shelf, pleasing God... or pleasing self." Pray with me TODAY for God's strength and grace to live a life pleasing to our Saviour - He never changes! Let's grow and change in the ways God's shows us through His Word TODAY... (II Corinthians 12:9&10, Malachi 3:6)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's really great Lisa. Very, very good. Thanks for sharing...That is something I definitely need to be working on!
Post a Comment